It is very autumnal. The summer of 2017 is saying goodbye and the autumn is moving into the country with big steps. The final work for this year is in the house. This includes the planning for 2018.
- The dates for our seminar offer for 2018 have been approved. I will send the new seminar program with this e-mail. You can find the dates on our website. As a new means of communication, we now have our own Facebook page. There you will find our latest news accompanying the website. We would be very happy about a reaction. What do you think about the Facebook page?
- The crisis management team exercise on 20 October is fully booked. The dates for 2018 have been fixed. For the current year, I would like to recommend two seminars in particular.
- This October, the seminar on the “New EU Data Protection Regulation” will take place in Berlin with lawyer Frederik Bockslaff. The relevance of this topic is still underestimated.
- All “experts” on Crisis Management are strongly recommended to attend the seminar “Crisis Management for Advanced Users”. Here the simulation tool GemaSim® is used to examine the own leadership behaviour in the crisis team. In this course the psychological elements of the crisis team work are in the foreground. Self-reflection and the knowledge of one’s own behavioral patterns in critical situations are important skills that help to survive the crisis as a leader. This year the course takes place on – 6 December.
- Knowledge of Risk Management is becoming increasingly important in companies. For years we have been offering a certificate course “Training for Risk Management Representatives” in cooperation with the VdS. This course is particularly suitable for employees from the corporate security sector, who increasingly need a basic understanding of Risk Management for their daily work. The next four-day course in 2017 will take place on 27 October and 9-10 November.
The development of DEMiOS and CUSTODiOS continues. The main impulse was given by the integration of alerting in both tools. For further details, please refer to the special newsletter DEMiOS News No. 4.
We would be happy to present our tools to you at a web session or directly on site. For the current budget plans for 2018, we are also preparing an initial cost estimate at very short notice.
A particular focus of our project work in the current year is Continuity and Crisis Management. This is also reflected in the further development of DEMiOS. Our fundamentally methodical approach is gaining more and more recognition. ISO 31000 is on its way to becoming the “world standard” for Risk Management. The adoption of the new version is imminent. Our active participation in the standardization work of ISO 31000 on Risk Management within the ISO framework shows the increasing importance of management systems. At the same time, the intensive look behind the scenes of ISO work also leads to a certain disillusionment.
Personal further education
Personally, I have done something for my own further education in the past 10 months and completed the training as “Transformation Therapist according to Robert Betz”. Now I am also turning to a topic that is new to me. “60+ and what now?” is the title of a lecture that I will give together with my wife in November in our seminar center on the Obermühle. This topic is very current not only for me, but also for many of my peers.
We look forward to meeting you at one or the other opportunity.
With kind regards
Dr. Klaus Bockslaff